KITESPOT CABO VERDE SAL ISLAND
- Always wind, constant and persistent
- Beaches for advanced kiters and beaches with high waves for experts
- Ideal wind and temperature conditions even in winter
- Attention with apartments: The main problem is the water supply, if you do not live in organized hotel structures (approx. 10 hotels).
- Easy to rent equipment in kitesurf centres
- Not suitable for beginners
General information about theKITESPOT CABO VERDE SAL ISLAND
Cape Verde, officially the Republic of Cabo Verde, is an island country spanning in an archipelago of 10 volcanic islands in the central Atlantic Ocean. Located 570 kilometres (350 miles) off the coast of Western Africa in front of Senegal, the islands cover a combined area of slightly over 4,000 square kilometres (1,500 sq mi). Three (Sal, Boa Vista and Maio) are fairly flat, sandy and dry; the others generally rockier with more vegetation
THE BEST KITESPOTS AT CABO VERDE SAL ISLAND
Santa Maria Kitespot
Is located in the south of the island SAL, in a bay where there are the best spots at the tips of the bay.
- Kitespot Ponta Leme: The conditions in this place are excellent and constant, the wind is not affected by the houses of the city when it blows from the mainland (NE). At the entrance of the bay, the water is shallow, on the open sea the waves reach a height of more than 4 meters.
- Kitespot Ponta do Sino: Either with a kite and tail wind as well as several jibes or with a pick-up service that will take you there and pick you up again after your kiting session. Of course, you have to negotiate the time and the amount beforehand. This spot is fun when the wind blows from the northeast and the waves from the left are two meters high, and you can try almost anything.
- Kitespot Ponta Preta: On the southwestern side of the island in one kilometer as the crow flies (along the beach about four kilometers), this spot is known for its waves from the right. You will find many kite pros there. A very radical spot with waves between two and three meters high, which form only a few meters from the entrance of the bay, where there are also rocks. Be careful, you can damage your equipment.