- The wind is always constant and persistent.
- Spot for advanced kitesurfer, and beaches with higher waves for more experienced kitesurfer.
- Ideal temperature and weather conditions even in winter.
- Attention: In the south there are very gusty offshore winds and strong ocean currents…. only suitable for the most experienced kiters and always accompanied…..
- Easy to rent equipment in the kitesurf centres.
- Not suitable for Kitesurf beginners and basic courses.
General information about Kitespots in The Canary Islands – Corralejo
These touristic islands also offer “top kitesurf spots”. The most popular spots are located near Corralejo in the north of the island Fuerteventura, especially the spot “Flag Beach”. The wind comes sideshore and gives its best during the summer months. “Flag Beach” is one of the favourite spots for kitesurfers on this part of the coast. The best weather and wind conditions prevail in the north. There are several spots that can be reached by car in 10 minutes. Corralejo is strategically important as you can reach all the interesting spots in the area in about 10 minutes by car. In all accommodations, a flag is displayed every morning to indicate which spot is the best for the day (usually Flag Beach).
Wind Kitespots in The Canary Islands
Constant wind, regular and persistent. (see below)